ROASTED CARROT HUMMUS
3 medium/large roasted carrots, roughly chopped
1.5 cup cooked garbanzo beans
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp mineral salt
Black pepper, to taste
Water, to thin
- Preheat over to 410 F
- Add carrots to a lined tray and bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Once carrots are cooled, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If the hummus is too thick, add some water or extra olive oil a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is gained.
- Taste the hummus and add a little extra salt and/or pepper if needed.
CARROT TOP PESTO
1.5 cups carrot greens, roughly chopped
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp raw honey
1/4 cup grated parmesan OR nutritional yeast (to keep dairy-free)
Mineral salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If the pesto is too thick, add more extra olive oil a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is gained.
- Be careful not to over-process - the consistency should be chunky.
- Taste the pesto and adjust seasonings to taste. If too bitter for your preference, add more honey.