Roasted Rosemary Roots
I have been loving incorporating the different roots in with my cooking, whether turnips or radish, they take a nice consistency similar to potatoes and carrots. I love making a big batch of these and having on hand as a side dish for the week! Enjoy!
- 1lb carrots (6-8 medium carrots), roll or rough cut
- 1lb purple top turnips (4-6 small turnips), trimmed and halved
- 2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 springs rosemary, chopped
- 1/2t turmeric
- 1/2t paprika
- 1/2t garam masala
- maldon salt to taste
- Preheat over to 375degrees. Prep baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat carrots and turnips with EVOO, chopped rosemary, turmeric, paprika and garam masala.
- Spread carrots and turnips evenly on baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, shift on pan to ensure even cooking, then cook another 15 minutes till golden roast shows.
- Garnish with remaining rosemary and enjoy!